top of page

FSP Standards 

Health and Care Professions Council


The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are a UK body that was set up to protect the public. To work as a qualified Educational and Child Psychologist, one has to be registered with the HCPC. Membership of the HCPC ensures that the Educational and Child Psychologist has met the appropriate professional requirements to join the Statutory Register.


The HCPC also allow us to use the ‘Educational Psychologist’ protected title. Registered Psychologists meet HCPC Standards for their training, professional skills and behaviour. This means that professionals registered with us are genuine and meet national standards. This offers you protection if professionals fail to meet these standards. You can also check with the HCPC that a professional is registered.




bottom of page